Tuesday, June 18, 2013

And she saved the last dance for me...

Greg was kind enough to update me last evening by e-mail the USDA inspection for Miss Penelope went well with no obstacles.  He is mid way on his travels back to Dallas.

I very rarely am in front of the camera but Greg passed along this picture he took Friday night at the Gettysburg jam.  He loved the way the photo captured both Lonnie and me in the moment, getting into the music.  I think I was mid song singing something, who knows.  I close my eyes often to feel the music.   

The whole bluegrass gang, left to right: Ed, Katrina, Lonnie, Wendy with Penelope, Dave, Denny, Al , Ron and Neal

It’s nice to have a photo of me and Miss Penelope for one last dance at the end of the jam.  We were finding our groove together for the very final time.  It’s a satisfying emotion to know she has a lifetime of music to make with Greg…go swing it girl!

Per  Wikipedia

Groove is the sense of propulsive rhythmic "feel" or sense of "swing" created by the interaction of the music played by a band's rhythm section (drums, electric bass or double bass, guitar and keyboards)


No comments:

Post a Comment